Friday, April 20, 2012

I know it's uncouth for a man to have negative feelings about his parents, especially his mother. We all know the rule: How he he treats his mother is how he will treat you. And if that were true, I wouldn't speak to a woman ever again.

Let me put this as tactfully as possible: I hate my mother. I hate my father too, but he already had his own little angsty post. Being completely honest here, if they both died in a plane crash, I'd only be upset that I didn't feel sad. If that makes sense. I would simply end up wishing I felt bad. Because then it would mean things weren't as fucked up as they were. But they are, and barring some miraculous Character Transplant, it always will be.

The thing is, as soon as I say something dramatic as, "I hate my parents," I get the eye roll. As if I'm some 15 year old who just got ordered to pause my video game and take out the trash. The truth is this: There's 7 billion of us alive right now. There's been billion more men and women in the past. And are you honestly suggesting that every single one of them were tailor-made to be great parents? If you are, then you're retarded, and you can close this blog and go back to licking your window now.

The answer is, of course, no, not everyone can be a good parent. 

No comments: