1. I still have naked pictures of you. I want you to know that. I want to start this off right.
2. As I am writing this, the cat that you hate is peeing on the bed. That is what will be waiting for me instead of you.
3. I keep asking the same questions because I always get drunk right after we talk, and I can’t remember any of your answers.
4. I could decide not to drink, but you know how I feel about not drinking.
5. I miss your moan. It was one of my 3 favorite things about you.
6. You broke up with me the night before the national poetry slam finals. It’s sad how few people understand how shitty that is.
7. When you start to cry, I know that you’re feeling something - which makes me like you again.
8. Dream: Climbing through endless bodies, sweaty and writhing and inside of each other, I can see, but not the source of light, just the skin it’s reflecting off of; We find each other, ignore the rest, clinging to each other, the bodies straighten beneath us, go slick from the sweat, like a bowling lane, and we make love till I wake up.
9. I keep trying to find out if you cheated on me.
10. I never cheated on you.
11. I think the guy sitting next to me on the plane is sleeping with you, that’s why he doesn’t like me.
12. So is the stewardess. You guys are going to have a threesome tonight.
13. Every time I am not looking directly at you you are having a threesome.
14. When we talk on the phone, your other hand is holding a penis.
15. The penis is bigger than my penis.
16. All of your previous lovers cheated on you because you made them feel this way.
17. I never cheated on you.
18. I’m sorry I yelled at you.
19. You deserved it.
20. Dream:Looking from the outside in to my bedroom at my grandparent’s house, the one I was always scared to sleep in, the room is dark, I can hear your moan, not the rustle of the sheets or bodies slapping together or voices talking, just your moan, I can’t move, there is no light, just the open door and your moan.
21. This airplane is not bringing me home; It is simply dropping me off somewhere else.
22. When I get to the apartment, I will look that cat dead in the eye, and tell him that he is the reason why mommy left daddy.
23. Some of my friends pretend to hate you now. That’s why I love my friends.
24. When the plane lands this will all be my fault.
25. In Oregon, the sun sets like the sun should set. In California, it takes far too long. The glow is unbearable, like the whole sky is covered in sheets, the day threatening to start with or without you.