Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To What It May Concern


I regret to inform the real world that I refuse to become bitter about society and all of it's meandering politicians. I will never base my mood and outlook of the day on gas prices and all the negativity the local news regurgitates from the television. I won't marginalize love and all of its peculiarities and power.

I will never forget what it was like to be a kid, fighting tooth and nail for self respect among other kids every day of my life and treasuring the friendship and laughs they gave me. I will never cast off a serious problem with a simple, "Life's unfair," and expect the world to side with me. And the older I get will not run parallel with how jaded I become with the fading beauty of life's infinite momentum forward, with or without me. Age will not temper my curiosity. If being angry at our world - human, animal, and nature alike - constitutes as being mature, then I refuse to grow up.

In short: I may add wrinkles, pounds and years, but my heart will always be young.

So give it your best shot, life. I won't trade hope for senility.

Regards,

-N.

No comments: