Saturday, September 6, 2014

So Much For The Afterglow


I sat down on the same spot where she fucked him; the same bed where we created love on so many nights.

I haven't seen her in two years and catching up with her now just isn't the same. Why am I here? She was supposed to be out of my life once and for all, all those years ago. After what she did, after everything. I am here once again and I don't know why.

I sit up on the bed and she comes closer to me and tells me, "I am sorry, I regret it all, I don't deserve anything. I am a fucking slut and I wish I could take it all back." I've been waiting for this moment almost every day and now that I finally heard those words I nearly collapse and cried inside. She comes even closer and kisses me long and deeply.

Our clothes are off and I fucked the hate I've stored up all these years. She swallows my poison and lights a cigarette. I buried my face in my hands and realized: That was the only time we had sex and didn't make love. She used my hurt as lubrication and fucked my heart. I heard her ex laughing in the background. He still haughts everything I touch. God, tell me the reason for it all.

She looks over at me and says "Don't cry now, it's all okay now. You forgive me, right?"

I stood up and got my clothes and left, and never cried again a day in my life.

No comments: