Monday, January 2, 2012

Why I Don't Believe In God

So this is where I probably lose some people.

Before I start this, I feel the need to lay down the groundwork for a disclaimer, since religion and/or spirituality is such a personal and sensitive thing. My opinion on God and religion is not intended to sway or convince. I don't believe in telling people what they believe is morally wrong unless they're using said belief as fuel to do bad things (i.e. "God told me to drown my babies in a bathtub"). Outside of those crazy people, what you believe in is, to me, a personal choice; a compass, if you will, that you find works for you and your life. Some people believe in a guy in robes, others believe in a pulsing orb, while still others believe in a cow or a hybrid creature or even nothing at all; just pure energy. It's all really the same means to an end, which is 

No comments: